I Promise

Without music, life would be a mistake. It’s what I do, who I am. It’s a type of art with pitch and melody, harmony and rhythm. Moving you to tears, or being the soundtrack to an everlasting memory. It’s a therapy that can heal any broken heart and make it whole again. Music makes you have a small feeling that everything will be okay. A sign not to worry. The only thing I can control in my life is coming up with lyrics or playing a guitar. There is no right or wrong. You can’t make mistakes. It’s the closest thing I have to an escape from reality, and sometimes you need that escape. A get away, when you yank on your headphones and close your eyes. There are times when it’s the only thing that can distract you from your own thoughts. It’s the only thing that makes sense. Music is its own culture, with a language that we all understand. It can change the way you see something or someone, it gives you a new perspective. Don’t stop listening to music, because it gets you through everything, I promise.

~Hayden x.

One thought on “I Promise